Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jobs and Recovery

Life has been a little uneventful the past couple of days because I came down with a migraine on Friday which left me half-conscious and bed-ridden. Here are a few things I wanted to share though...

Funny story. So as you may recall, last Wednesday was our major job-hunting day where Dana picked up an application for BBB. We returned there on Thursday for her to turn it in only to find a huge "NOW HIRING" banner in the window so I decided to fill out an application on the spot. Well, to make a long story short - we both get hired. Yay! Unfortunately, however, The Gap called me the next day to schedule an interview. So next week I'm starting my first day at BBB and interviewing at the Gap. We'll see what happens.

Celebrating our new matching jobs in our matching raincoats!! We spend way too much time together - it's gotten quite frightening, really. Dana and I have matching coats, shoes, jobs, music interests, southern roots, and quirks among other things. But now we both work at Bed, Bath and Beyond! What could be better?!

These are the chocolate-chip, banana, oatmeal cookies/muffins we made to celebrate employment. The first batch, as you can see, turned out a little weird when we tried to make them as cookies. Therefore, we got all smart and stuff and put the rest of the batter in muffin tins. That turned out a lot better.
This is the freakin recliner that Dana and I carried six blocks. We thought a $15 recliner would be worth the walk but not after I got a migraine and wrist injury that day. Whew. But it is really comfy.
This is the view of Lake Union at the end of my neighborhood. We went here to pick up a nightstand for my room from some girl who was moving and trying to get rid of it. There is a really busy bike path and at a little spot along it, you can pick fresh blackberries that are just growing on the side of the road! Yummy
In order to properly recover from my migraine, I had to hit a yard sale. There, I found a lovely Christmas tree skirt for $2. Hey, if I can save T and I the trouble of registering for this stuff if I can find it that cheap! Who can blame me?!

After visiting a church a couple blocks from our house, Dana and I packed lunches, books, and a blanket to spend a couple hours basking in the precious Seattle sunlight. This is the Wallingford Playground, Sunday afternoon at about 2:00. It was a perfect day outside, although you can't really tell it from the quality of my camera, and the people come flocking to the park. There always seems to be someone here, but on a day like today they are everywhere. In the video, you'll see folks playing ultimate frisbee, parents trying to teach their kids how to play fetch, kids playing on a playground/in a wading pool, etc. It was awesome :) (video)

2 comments:

  1. Just found your site by accident and I really enjoyed it. Love the image of you both in red riding hood outfits! ;-)

    Snakes Left Suncatchers

    You've been RANDOMIZED!!

    Click here to visit my site and participate in Totally Random Sunday!

    wwww.petalsyoga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Unfortunately, however, The Gap called me the next day to schedule an interview. So next week I'm starting my first day at BBB and interviewing at the Gap."

    Honey, shhhh, you arne't supposed to let people *know* that haha. I hope that your bosses at Bed Bath and Beyond don't find your blog O_o

    ReplyDelete