Monday, August 10, 2009

The following are just a few of the sights from the lovely neighborhood of Fremont. It is one neighborhood to the west of Wallingford - where I live. I believe Fremont is known for its excess of hippies - but that makes for some really fun shopping and exploring. There is also a lot of really great art and a giant statue of Lenin - and, surprisingly, not because Seattle is full of liberal communists. Get the story on the Lenin statue here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin_(Seattle)

I immediately thought of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants when I saw this restaurant. Costas has his own restaurant?! Yes, please!
The shop we came to Fremont in search of: Deluxe Junk. Unfortunately, it was full of a lot of overpriced junk.
Thankfully, my search for the center of the universe ended last week upon arriving in Fremont. There it was, with a big pink sign indicating the exact location.
A sweet board game I found in Value Village - Seattle's giant and awesome version of Goodwill.

No comments:

Post a Comment