Monday, August 17, 2009

In all its glory

Last night my roommates Dana, Glory and I wanted to have a relaxing evening in Wallingford while also enjoying the wonderful weather. So we decided to make a stop at Maggie Moon's icecream shop where I got "Scout Mint" - yes, that would be Girl Scout Thin Mints freshly crushed into vanilla - and devoured it like a wild beast. While consuming our yummy treats, we walked down to GasWorks Park (which I have mentioned in previous posts) to catch the sunset. Below are some of the pictures I shot to share with you guys but, really, I just wish you all could have been there. It was such a great, simple night :)

This is the Aurora bridge (under construction it seems). I wish you could see one of the best parts of this view because the Olympic Mountains were in the background - a striking purple color against the pinks and oranges. Breathtaking!
The Aurora bridge in the distance. I wish you could see those mountains.
The skyline and a happy couple atop the hill.

Below is just a video I took on the top of the "kite hill" at the park. I wish you could have all been there to experience it - it was so peaceful yet absolutely stunning. I can't do it justice! The summers here are definitely worth the clouds - or at least it seems that way so far haha

No comments:

Post a Comment