Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 4 - Free Stuff!

This is one of the mugs I got for $0.25 at a thrift store near my house. I figured in the mornings, "be all you can be" might be pretty encouraging. Especially before group therapy on Mondays.
This is ALL the free stuff I carried by my lonesome on Thursday. These people posted an ad on Craigslist yesterday morning that they were moving and wanting to get rid of a bunch of stuff - I thought it was a gift from God! Mixing bowls, a spice rack with spices, a yoga mat, a desk lamp, a blender, a trashcan, a tool box, and some sweet art with jazz musicians on it. My roommate, Dana, and I went to the same house later and got a box of office supplies, a box of kitchen stuff like Ziplock bags and also cooking oils/spices, a wooden table, a dish rack, and a bunch of glasses and mugs.

On top of that, we found two Outkast CD's in one of the boxes - what a day.
My room with some lovely things on the wall - finally!
The sunflowers I ripped out of the ground on the way to my house from the airport have stayed SO beautiful! I love sunflowers
Our pretty sunflowers and fruit - yum

Last night, my roommate Natalie and I tried to take the bus to the Experience Music Project downtown (http://www.empsfm.org/). You can go for free on the first Thursday of every month to lots of the museums in Seattle and I had my sights set on EMP for months now! Sadly, the bus never came so we went to the grocery store and made some dinner. I was sad - but happy to hang with her and some of her buddies that stopped by.

Today (Friday) I am having lunch with one of Dad's old friends, Steve Mason. I haven't seen him since...oh age 7? I'm excited to catch up with him and also get the low-down on the Seattle music scene since he is very much a part of it! Should be good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment