Sunday, June 19, 2011

US Open Wrap-Up

First of all, my US Open wardrobe (all shirts provided by Polo, with the US Open 2011 logo in the corner):


Sunday: I had enough energy to attempt looking cute.
Hair scarf, skinny black pants, and TOMS.  I got some
weird looks on the golf course - I think I looked a little
too Seattle for their liking.

 Monday: Didn't know these shorts had gotten too big
so I was hiking them up all day because there are no 
belt loops.  Also, the navy shirt has a kelly green collar.  

 Tuesday: Hadn't washed my hair in 4 days.  I didn't have
strands left, it was just one big chunk of greasy hair.  I had the
potential to make this look cute, but I was freezing all day and
had become very fatigued at this point.  Light pink shirt
and olive colored skirt; I was worried that the skirt wasn't close
enough to my knees and that I would get in trouble on the golf course.

Wednesday: Last day on the course - can you tell?  First of
all, these pants look like culottes and I'm giving them away 
after realizing that on this trip.  The Carolina blue polo
was a highlight of my week until I put it on - not flattering; 
hence, the jacket over top.  

Thursday: sight-seeing with Blaire, Thomas, and Grandma Gornik

 Little T taking photos of Lincoln.  He was REALLY into
good ol' Abe - he kept saying that Abe should be on the 
dime instead of the penny because he's worth more than a penny.
Ha!

 Just the spot where MLK Jr. gave the "I have a dream" speech.
No big deal.

 Little T and Blaire

 Just walking

 Me, Little T, and Blaire in front of the Washington Monument.
Family photos like this seem to always look a bit awkward.

 WWII Memorial

 A little metro

 Coming out of the "bowels of the earth" as Grandma G
called it.

Loved these signs.

So that's all the photos from the week.  I already posted about my travel traumas so you can just know that I am finally home and REALLY happy about it.  The weather in Seattle is awful and I don't care.  Also, I found out that one of my final papers was pushed back a few days later than I thought - never bad news.  

Last night, I couldn't hold my eyes open past 8 o'clock; literally it felt like I was on drugs.  I couldn't walk straight or stand up easily; I was quite wobbly.  I went to bed and woke up around 6am.  Not ideal, but whatever.  It was so nice to sleep in my own bed in my city in my apartment with my hubby and my kitty.

4 comments:

  1. this is maybe my favorite of your posts ever. the tongue-in-cheek of it all is precious, haha. LOVE seeing your beautiful pictures of your family. You are so gifted, Kels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cort: what a dear complimentarian you are. yep, complimentarian. love you, friend - what an encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey; Note for future Tuesdays; if windy, wear panties!

    ReplyDelete