Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Is it time?

Only one more day of waking up at 4:30am.  Did you know that 4:30am Eastern time is 1:30am West Coast time?  Well, it is.  And that's what time I've been waking up.  Did you know that's early?  Well, it is.  


I have lofty plans of staying up until midnight tomorrow, the first night that I don't have to get up early the next morning.  That way, I will go to bed at 9:00 West Coast time and hopefully can get myself back on track for when I fly back to Seattle to head into finals.  I say lofty because I'll want to go to bed as soon as we leave this golf course.  


The championship officially starts Thursday - Monday through Wednesday are practice days - and I don't know who to root for.  I really have nothing to go by other than the caddies.  So, maybe I'll cheer for Brian Locke because his caddie was extra nice and I know it's the first Open for both Brian and his caddie, Mitchel.  Mitchel was REALLY excited to be here.  I'm also interested to see what happens with Adam Scott, who picked up Tiger's former caddie, Steve Williams.  That has been an interesting little tidbit of drama since Tiger has pulled out of his first Open championship in his professional career.  But, hey, Steve's gotta get paid.  


So do I.  And as much as I love talking to all of these new and interesting people, I'm a little tired of small talk.  I'm just tired.  And small talk takes a lot of energy to maintain.  


[Whine.]

No comments:

Post a Comment