Wednesday, June 15, 2011

eth-ik

I've been trying to work on my final paper for Ethics while working at the Open - it's tough to concentrate in the midst of both chaos and fatigue, so I haven't accomplished much.  The prompt for the paper is to articulate my personal ethic as a practicing clinician - and as a human being.  As I'm trying to get started, I realize I don't particularly know how to answer that.  I'm not sure what Ethics means or what an ethic is.
[eth-ik] 1. the body of moral principles or values governing ordistinctive of a particular culture or group; 2. a complex of moral precepts held or rules of conduct followed by an individual
Ok.  Where to start?


I'm starting with Annie Rogers, who writes in A Shining Affliction:
What has been wounded in a relationship must be, after all, healed in a relationship.
That's my launching pad.  That's my diving board.  I'm not sure where to go from there, but I know that her words are ones that I will stand on forever.  This is my work both as a professional and as a human being.  Now, onto this paper...(yea, right).

No comments:

Post a Comment