Monday, June 27, 2011

The procrastination the devil made

I want to retract an earlier statement.  When I said that getting an extension on a paper is "never bad news," that was a lie.  It can be extremely bad news when the paper is due a week after you've finished your last class and you want nothing more than to be using your brain to concentrate on magazines and trashy television.  Meaning: I don't want to use my brain at all.  I have a final paper due Wednesday, that I've taken MAYBE two pages of notes for, and I just can't make it happen.  


This is a different kind of procrastination than the one I spoke of a few weeks ago.  Oh, this is a monster.  This kind of procrastination is an uncontrollable, volatile force that can swallow me whole.  This procrastination taunts me with food, causing me to eat anything and everything that my pantry contains in a split second.  This procrastination is the carpel tunnel in my fingers and wrists from being on the computer for hours, even days, and still having nothing to show for it.  Ohhh, this procrastination is the worst kind of evil.  It sweeps in, unexpectedly, until I have wasted every last moment doing nothing, when I've had all the time in the world.  This procrastination stabs me straight in the heart when my classmates tell me, "I finished the paper in one sitting.  It just took a couple hours."   

No comments:

Post a Comment