Friday, October 8, 2010

Courtney hits Seattle

So, the Wednesday after Mom and Chipper flew out of Seattle, one of my best friends from high school, Courtney,  flew in.  I was so so excited for her to visit because, as I have said many times, she is the one friend I have that I think would love Seattle the most.  

Man was I right.  I love that.  I feel like a matchmaker.  Here are some photos of our first couple of days together.

 I took her to the SAM Sculpture Park

 Hooray eyeballs at the sculpture park!

I also took her by my school which she flipped out over.  It was so great to have her finally visit and understand a bit more about why I love this place and what's the big deal about Mars Hill Graduate School.

 Then we went for happy hour at the Edgewater Hotel.

 ...and a sailboat greeted us at the window!

 T took this photo of us overlooking Elliott Bay.
 Snuggle buddies: T and Cort.

 Mt. Rainier on a most beautiful evening.

 
T and Cort, yackin it up.

 Cort and I found the most beautiful bookstore in all of Seattle:
Arundel Books.

 Floor-to-ceiling shelving; complete with ladders.

My feet!  On that beautiful staircase!

Courtney flies out Monday - so we still have a few days of sunny delight.  So wonderful to share this life with an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment