Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer...again.

Readers, I understand that it's possible that you may get sick and tired of hearing about how much I love summer.  Especially summer in Seattle.  But frankly, I don't care.  This place is freakin' gorgeous.  


My fourth of July weekend was filled with free Neapolitan pizza, beer and magazines on the beach, kickball, cookouts on the beach, tennis, cookouts in a backyard, hard apple cider, fireworks in a park on a lake, and literally almost causing T and I to have a car accident because of how I screamed when I saw Mt. Rainier out on a clear summer day.


Summer in Seattle is like nothing else.


Today, I asked my boss if it were ok for me not to come into work.  She said it was fine.  What I didn't tell her was that since the forecast predicts a high of 80 degrees without a cloud in the sky, I am planning on going kayaking with my friend on a lake.  We're going to paddle on over to a little island for a picnic lunch.  There is no way that I could sit inside, at a stupid desk, in a tiny cubicle, in front of an awful computer screen, knowing the possibility that this day holds outside of that building.  So, here's to many more days of summer.  


The thirst of my mind, spirit, body, and soul is truly being quenched.


Drink, drink, drink it in.

Sip & savor.
Chug & cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment