Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Coast to coast

After a two-week stay in the state of North Carolina, I have finally returned to the beautiful city of Seattle.  A wedding, family visits, friend visits, pet visits, a beach trip, a week-long migraine followed by a week-long head cold, I am here.  I am tired and relaxed, nostalgic and anticipatory.  So much left at home, and so much to look forward to here.  I have missed my T, my cat, my home, my community, my city, and my rhythms.  I'm excited to have the rest of the this week to rest and soak in my friends.  


Next week, my internship begins.  I am starting on Wednesday with four clients on the docket and a consultation meeting with the entire therapy staff.  Maybe you can imagine some of the things that I am feeling.   It's not just been the two years that I have lived in Seattle and started school, though that has certainly intensified the process, but it is has been my life's work.  After all this time, all this preparation, all of the lectures and the reading, all of the happy and sad tears shed, after all of the mental, emotional, and spiritual work that has brought me to this moment - it has arrived. This work becomes tangible.  Next week, my fingers go into the dirt.  


Anticipation + Dread.
Passion + Work.
Fear + Excitement.
Confidence + Worthlessness.
Adulthood + Childhood.
Humanity + Legality.
Doubt + Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment