Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Girls' Weekend

This past weekend with Blaire and my momski was such a gift.  We had lazy mornings together in my tiny apartment, fun sights to see, ah-mazing food every day, and of course a little shopping.  We were just three little peas in a little pod (literally, in the apartment).  It was especially good to show Blaire around the city for the first time and to have her have some context for mine and T's life here in Seattle - she got to see my school, my current neighborhood, my past neighborhood, my home, and some of my favorite spots around this lovely city.  She also got a taste of the great weather firsthand - really the full Seattle experience, let's be honest.  I wouldn't want her to think it was actually gorgeous all the time, which fooled me when I first visited.

We saw the Edgewater Hotel.

Ate fresh fish tacos at Lowell's in Pike Place Market.

Explored the insanity that is the downtown Seattle library.


Got a bird's eye view of the city.

Celebrated Blaire's birthday

Went to the tulip festival!



...And were subsequently astonished by the tulips.




As I said, we also toured around my old neighborhood of Wallingford, went to Gasworks Park, ate on the water at Agua Verde, saw the amazing views of the city in my current neighborhood of Queen Anne, strolled through the Fremont Market, and had our own personal chef!  (I.e. my vastly talented husband).  They also got to come to some of the Sabbath group on Sunday night before their flight out.  Talk about two worlds colliding!  It was a bit of a mind trip to have my family there at Sabbath group, but so lovely.  Both my mom and Blaire kept saying how much they liked my friends; my friends were, in turn, so warm and welcoming to my family being a part of our gathering.

I think their visit was much needed for all three of us.  I'm also immensely grateful to T for putting up with our close quarters, enduring womanly drama, chauffeuring us crazies around Seattle, and for whipping up some amazing creations in the kitchen.

Love you Mom and Blaire!  Miss you already.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is such a lovely post. The tulip photo is beautiful, as are the tulips themselves! I wish I could have been there!! It looks like it is still rather cold (or was) during the visit. And.. also those cupcakes are really good, and please let me know of their origin. Is the top one maple flavored?
    Also, that is all.

    ReplyDelete