Sunday, March 6, 2011

Not cool

I think I have this:
Cluster HeadachesThe term "cluster headache" refers to a type of headache that recurs over a period of time. People who have cluster headaches experience an episode one to three times per day during a period of time (the cluster period), which may last from two weeks to three months. The headaches may disappear completely (go into "remission") for months or years, only to recur. A cluster headache typically awakens a person from sleep one to two hours after going to bed. These nocturnal attacks can be more severe than the daytime attacks. Attacks appear to be linked to the circadian rhythm (or "biological" clock). Most people with cluster headaches will develop cluster periods at the same time each year -- either in the spring or fall or the winter or summer.
Cluster headaches are one of the most severe types of headache. It can be many times more intense than a migraine attack.

And this:
HypothyroidismHypothyroidism can cause many different symptoms, such as:
  • Feeling tired, weak, or depressed.
  • Dry skin and brittle nails.
  • Not being able to stand the cold.
  • Constipation.
  • Memory problems or having trouble thinking clearly.
  • Heavy or irregular menstrual periods.
Symptoms occur slowly over time. At first you might not notice them, or you might mistake them for normal aging. See your doctor if you have symptoms like these that get worse or won't go away.

*Courtesy of WebMD.  I need to go to the doctor.

2 comments:

  1. I want to talk to you about both of these things. In my expert nursing student opinion, my guess would be that you may very well have clusters, but since my mom and my sister have hypothyroidism (and are both on oodles of synthetic thyroid stimulating hormone), I have some opinions about that one.

    Let's chat soon, even if it's not about weird body things, though I really love weird body things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy,
    I hope they go away. Love you

    ReplyDelete