Friday, March 11, 2011

Musical Friday Treat

I decided I deserved a present to myself and, as always, I choose tunes.  Well, not always, that's a lie.  But a LOT of times, if I don't choose sugar or clothing, I choose tunes.  Sometimes I choose all three which means I've either had a really, really bad day or a really, really good day.  




Today, I chose an album that I have been long-awaiting to purchase and add to my collection: "Barton Hollow" by The Civil Wars.  This is a new, up and coming folk duo that have the absolute most beautifully haunting harmonies I have heard in a while.  Every song sends me into somewhat of a spinning, drunken-like stupor.  Their melodies float up and down and shift really quickly, while somehow maintaining the dreamy pace of Mayberry. 


The song I've posted below is called "Poison & Wine" - I'm pretty sure it was their first released single that really put them on the map.  I also think this song was at some point on Grey's Anatomy...I'm not sure where I got that from, but maybe it's true.  Either way, the song is stunning.


[And for the record, I think most music videos are ridiculous and they make me feel uncomfortable to watch.  But this is the best sound quality I could get.]



1 comment: