Monday, January 9, 2012

How do you mark important days?  Milestones?  Anniversaries?  I'm sure it depends on the occasion.  It does for me.  This morning, I'm thinking of how I want to mark the first day of my last term of classes at The Seattle School.  Today marks the beginning of the end.  But it also marks just...a beginning.  The beginning of a completely knew, and what is sure to be surprising, chapter in my life.  I've been a student for almost twenty solid years; I'm not quite sure what to expect out of life without papers to write, stacks of books to read, maxing out my mental and emotional capacities, and hours in front of a computer screen.  The life I know ends in three and a half months.  More than that, however, more than just my identity as a student changing in April, this marks a great shift in this big journey that I'm on.  A journey that started in Chapel Hill, NC and brought me all the way across the country to this tiny little school.  A part of my journey that has shaped me in inexplicable ways and will continue to do so for the rest of my life.


Important days deserve a little extra attention.  So today, as I walk through the doors for class, I will be mindful of all that these last two and a half years have held, as well as all that is and may be before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment