Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Grief is close at hand.

Grieving death on behalf of a very dear friend.  Yesterday, The Seattle School felt like it was under the weight of the world.  Dark and rainy, the clouds pushed our building, with all their weight, a little further into the bowels of the earth.  Death seeped into our community, and death forced itself into our community.  A steady trickle, and a mighty wave.

We sat in one class for over an hour in silence.  Some quietly wept.  Runny noses.  Wiping tears.  Staring at the wall, at the floor, at the ceiling, at nothing.

"Death stops us in our tracks," my professor said.

"I don't know these people personally," my friend said, "but the amount that I'm feeling right now tells me how deeply we're all connected."

Connected, yes.

Stopped, yes.

Angry, confused, lost, helpless, small, fearful, anxious, devastated, yes.

I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment