Sunday, December 26, 2010

Some favorites from Christmas 2010


There are lots of photos from this year's holiday celebrations.  It is my FIRST as a Johnson and has been so wonderful.  In Seattle, T and I celebrating by decorating our first tree and our sweet little apartment; my Christmas gift from him was seeing the Pacific Northwest Ballet's Nutcracker.  We had a beautiful candlelit dinner at home, got dressed up and walked, yes, WALKED, to the ballet.  As soon as we found our seats I cried!  It was so beautiful and I was so happy to be there.  

T and I decorating our first tree in Seattle; we're donning our 
NC State and Carolina ornaments.

I flew into Charlotte Wednesday, 12/22 and then drove down to Atlanta on Thursday morning to visit my best friend, Natalie (who lived in the House of Love last year), and her family through the weekend.  This visit was certainly one of my most cherished parts of my time on the East Coast since they live so far away from Seattle.  They truly have welcomed me into their family like one of their own, which is never a bad feeling.  I got to meet a lot of important people in their lives and felt pretty much like royalty during my stay.  They took me to Cirque du Soleil (phenomenal), both bought and fixed me delicious food, and took me to see Christmas lights!  Most of the photos from my time in Atlanta are from a Christmas party their family helped put together for a community near them in Atlanta; about 350 people attended for dinner, a kids Christmas play (directed by Natalie herself), coats, and gifts.  It was pretty rockin - I was so glad to have been a part of it.  

This girl was a little sass.  Priceless expression.



Nat and I with Santa


Christmas play.

Those kids were so proud of that play - as they should have been!

My dearest friend did an amazing job with those kiddos.



My buddy, Dathajoy, and I.  Possibly the best videographer elf I know
with a laugh that will melt your heart.

Adrienne Saxon: the reason I got my flu shot this year.  
Love her to pieces.


Then I came back to NC for Marie Johnson's wedding shower and visiting with my fam.  Most of the photos below are from our Christmas Eve and Christmas day festivities.  T and I somehow managed to pull off three family Christmas's this year; while it was completely and utterly exhausting, we really loved being able to spend time with each of our families.  We spent Christmas Eve with the McCorkle's, Christmas morning with the Abernethy's, and Christmas night with the Johnson's in Virginia.  

Here we go.


Yea.


The Johnson's "Griswold" tree - notice how it's smashed against the ceiling.
You can't see it, but they literally put a hole in the ceiling trying to put the tree up.

"Clark, do you think there's enough room for the angel?"

Marie Johnson's Christmas village.  Her prized possession.

At the Johnson's.  
We failed at a "no smiling" picture.  
And their golden retriever made a brief appearance.

My sweet Thomas on Christmas eve, instructing us on how to make 
Christmas ornaments. 

Blaire covered in glitter after making ornaments at Dad's. 

My two T's. 

T snapping a photo of me. 

 My ZAK!!  Could there be a more precious companion?

 Michael and Thomas.

 T assisting my niece, Olivia, in a headstand.

Blaire, Olivia, and I playing Barbie's.  

 Blaire and our niece, Abbi - the little kids got Nerf guns.
Now T and I want Nerf guns.

 Love this picture - me, T, Blaire, and Michael (and Zak) on Christmas Eve.

 T snuggling with Thomas and Olivia.

 My Eddie in his usual spot under the tree on Christmas morning.

 Momski with her special Christmas gift.

 Best gift this year: Eric and Ross got Mom and Chip a "Jelly of the Month" membership.

"It's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year, Clark."

 Dad and Pat's tree.

 KITTENS!  I was real excited about this little calendar.   

 Love this photo of T's grandmother - she's laughing while sitting
in front of a photo of herself at age 16.

 T's uncle, Dan, out in the snow in Virginia.

 Christmas in Virginia!

 Mama J

 Sweet brothers Drew and T

 Drew

 Lots of snow on a little T.

 Snowy trees and a Carolina blue sky

 Our drive home from Virginia

 I've always loved this little church by the Johnson's house.

 Sweet Christmas church.

So, folks, those are some of the highlights from the Christmas to wrap up the first decade of the 21st century.  Certainly a memorable one.

Blessings to all during these holidays and wishes for a prosperous New Year.

2 comments:

  1. So many things to say!
    You take some beautiful photos- I love the blurry Christmas tree lights on the Christmas tree. That is a gorgeous picture of a gorgeous church. Do you hate the snow in that picture because it makes the church look even more beautiful. Kittens! Melynda is so beautiful and JAM OF THE MONTH. Barbies!! Who is that pretty girl to the right of you in the smiling not smiling picture? Melt my heart with T ensconced by those children in his arms. What a great post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So. I loved all your pictures: a) You are a great photographer, b) fun to put faces to stories and to be introduced to new faces that i've yet to hear stories about. It's also not fair that the East Coast South got snow and we didn't. And you can get that Ale at Volunteer Park Cafe in Capitol Hill/Montlake. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete