Thursday, September 17, 2009

Visit from Rach!

Too cool in some new Chuck Taylors.
Sadly, the first couple of days that she was here I had to do tons of reading for class. Lots of quality time in front of our computers. But, as usual, she was a great sport and totally didn't mind.

She won my roommates' hearts with her delicious homemade cinnamon rolls!

Abby came all the way from Portland! We all rode the ferry together!
We got off the ferry at Bainbridge Island and there we found fresh blackberries on the side of the road. Yummy snack :)
We also found a lovely outdoor shopping area where we stopped to eat our picnic lunches.

Me, Abby, and Rach aboard the ferry on the way home. Beautiful Seattle in the background.

Tuesday night Rach and I went to a Mariner's game - so fun!

Always a fan of fresh kettle corn!

Rach and I in front of Safeco Field - along with a million other people.

Thomas, look! I met Ichiro! He's so big!

This is some pitcher from the White Sox team. I took the video because I thought the speed that he throws at was insane. Rachel was standing next to me, fingers clawed to the fence, forgetting to breathe because being that close to a professional baseball player is almost the equivalent of seeing God face to face.

Wow - so beautiful! It was such a great night for baseball.

It's back to studying for me! We've been learning some pretty incredible things in class - you should ask me about them! It's been a lot of hard work to even come close to understanding all of it though :)



1 comment:

  1. ah! i found your blog! oh goodness, so wonderful and hilarious. i stole some pictures from you, so i can have memories of our glorious ferry ride. :) also, the videos are cracking me up. i miss you in my life kels, so it's good that i'm moving to seattle in FOUR DAYS!!

    ReplyDelete