Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just for fun


Prior to school starting, my roomies and I shared some fun times. I took pictures of some of them to share with you. I wish you all were here :)

I was making popcorn on the stove for the first time and didn't realize I needed a bigger pot until it was too late. Glory ran and grabbed my camera because the popcorn popped the lid right off!


Our landlords warned us when we moved in that the smoke detector near the kitchen was pretty sensitive. They weren't lying. It literally goes off every time we use the oven so it was no exception when Glory put a pie in and left it to go take a shower. Then our smoke detector proceeded to sound on and off for about half an hour. The video below is our attempt to keep our neighbors from killing us because of the alarm's obscene volume.


Holy moly! Look at that yummy Strawberry Rhubarb pie. It was totally worth the smoke detector fiasco.


Yet another Maggie Moon's run. We're going to be so fat and happy off Maggie Moon's ice cream. This was the night before our first day of class so we thought it necessary to celebrate! (Glory and her friend Rick decided that, although they're not MHGS students, they definitely deserve to celebrate too).


We watched the sunset again in Gasworks park. We got there a little earlier this time so there was more light and lots of neat boats!


Since Glory works for a gourmet pizza place, she decided to take advantage of her discount and get us a yummy treat before our first day as well. Half bar-b-que and half "sunshine," which included feta cheese, artichoke hearts, and roma tomatoes. Michaela looks deviously happy.

Jazz hands! Me, Dana, Glory, Michaela, and Rick. Rick doesn't need jazz hands because he has a cool hat.


Last, but certainly not least, I wanted to share how much my relationship with Dinah the cat has grown and developed since she arrived. The video below speaks for itself (turn up your volume).

1 comment:

  1. I hate cats-I love pizza-I hate the thought of BBQ pizza- I love the idea of "sunshine pizza"!!

    You're having way too much fun; go sell some shower curtains!

    Chip

    ReplyDelete